Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1
Default AFC Divisional Breakdown

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0519.html

Show some support for Steelers Fever columnist Nick Signorelli. He's getting bombarded with A LOT of hate reviews from mostly Patriots and Bengals fans. I guess we upset them a little, huh?

Add Review: http://www.steelersfever.com/cgi-bin...ew&review=0519

View Reviews: http://www.steelersfever.com/cgi-bin...pl?review=0519
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: AFC Divisional Breakdown

Esp. when it comes to the Bengals...I couldn't agree more! I think that for once they actually have ot prove that they are going to be better, because living in Dayton, I have heard this offseason talk for the past 15 years and we have seen year after year it was just talk. I do believe they have some talent...they just have to learn how to play as a team and how to win. Until that, I have trouble beliving that they will be anything but an adverage team, and until proven wrong-I don't see them in the playoffs. I don't know-it just seems like this talk about how much better they are going to be happens every year, and the fact is the best they have come up with so far is 8-8.
Now to the Pats. I think that was a very fair prediction. I still believe they are the team to beat and they are the Champions until someone takes that title away from them and I respect them for that. However, I really think the loss of their coordinators and a few key players might have an impact on them.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:55 AM   #3
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Once again I have to agree with BB....Losing two of the best coordinators in the league and losing Bruschi is gonna hurt...Still think their secondary is weaker than it needs to be..Or is Troy Brown playing DB again? LOL

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #4
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

The Raiders fans seem to like it...

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38475
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
WHODEY2005
Water Boy

Member Number: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFever
http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0519.html

Show some support for Steelers Fever columnist Nick Signorelli. He's getting bombarded with A LOT of hate reviews from mostly Patriots and Bengals fans. I guess we upset them a little, huh?
Could that be because he's a complete idiot? The Bengals had the same record last year that that had the year before, but it was against better opposition. Also, anyone had had their head out of their ass knew it was a building year with Carson Palmer as a 1st year starter.

As far as being "Cheap", the Bengals have been right at the salary cap for years.
WHODEY2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #6
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I agree with bigbens on the Pats take. The Pats are still going to be competiting even with some of their people leaving, but I do think its going to catch up with them this season.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
I agree with bigbens on the Pats take. The Pats are still going to be competiting even with some of their people leaving, but I do think its going to catch up with them this season.
Yep...they will still be a threat, but will have a lot to overcome to make it 3 in a row!
I honestly believe the Bengals will be tougher this year also, but since I live here and I here this every year, it will have to be proven to me!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #8
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

If it does indeed catch up with them hopefully we will take advantage of it.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosdo
If it does indeed catch up with them hopefully we will take advantage of it.
I hope so!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #10
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

I have zero idea what this means:

Quote:
Pat Kirwan of NFL.com has an article about depth in the NFL. He says the Pittsburgh Steelers are second to the New England Patriots. I'll bet the New England Patriots also have the best cheerleaders, best locker rooms, best beer and the best lawn crew in the league. And as soon as they miss the playoffs, they will AGAIN have no fan support. Gotta love the loyalty.
Your ridiculous jealousy for our franchise's success is comical. Nice try playing the no fan support card. No only is it not true, but it makes your homer-ridden article that you put a lot of good hard work into a joke.

But then again, when your "glorious" franchise continues to come up short, especially against us in the playoffs, all you have to hang onto is the threads of a once-domiant dynasty.

A real in-depth article wouldn't have to stoop to such pathetic lows, and instead would have pointed thed out that the loss of Weis is the major concern, but Eric Mangini is a more than capable replacement DC who has been waiting in the wings for over two seasons, in turn rejecting offers from Oakland, Miami and Cleveland. But nah, it's easier to play the incorrect loyalty card. Nice job.

Also, way to point out things wrong with your team, oh that's right, there is none. The same broken record I hear year after year. Know who I hear it from? Every Steeler fan on earth, yet the same result happens. I take the high road and not rub it in, instead waiting a few weeks to pass to start talking again.

Anyway, I appreciate the work and effort it must have taken you tp write this, and you make some valid points, but don't hide what this really is, a fluff-piece for the Steelers. And please save the, "It's a Steelers site!" talk as well. This was presented as a look and breakdown of the AFC, not a homer piece.

Cheers.

DW

P.S. I think this was my first post which will make you guys hate me. Sorry, but I need to stand up when false items are presented.

Last edited by Dirtywater; 07-06-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Dirtywater is offline   Reply With Quote