Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #21
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305
Default Re: DOMINICK DAVIS

lil exactly.. i havnt read anywhere where he was failing to get cut.... he is too good of a player IMP fora team to cut him just cause of one injury.. his 3 year stats have been pretty good for no line in front of him
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:06 AM   #22
Pier2.0T
Water Boy

Member Number: 2425

TEXANS - RUNNING BACK

OUT: Domanick Davis
IN: Wali Lundy
The Skinny: To the surprise of many, the Houston Chronicle recently reported that Davis may be cut from the Texans. The new coaching staff simply hasn't seen him play during the preseason because of his sore knee, and that could lead to them either releasing the running back, de-activating him, or just shelfing him. Lundy is a rookie out of Virginia (a sixth-round pick) who has impressed the team more than Vernand Morency and Antowain Smith so far. Whatever happens to Davis, expect Lundy to get the bulk of the carries early on.

http://www.forecaster.ca/post-gazett...ras.cgi?downup

Since we're on the subject of RB's possibly on the market

TITANS - RUNNING BACK

OUT (maybe): Chris Brown
IN: Travis Henry
The Skinny: Before Titans' training camp, the trendy pick for starting tailback in Tennessee was rookie LenDale White. That never added up, however, because White's lack of experience, maturity, and conditioning caused his stock to dive at the NFL draft. He also didn't show much in training camp, so Brown seemed the default starter. Yet Brown has demanded a trade (no doubt making him far from popular with team management). Henry, the forgotten man, snuck up the middle and had by far the best August, and now CBSSportline is reporting Henry will be the guy. It's not a shocker in hindsight, since Henry (who is reportedly now in great shape) was once a stud No. 1 for the Buffalo Bills and is still young at 26.

BRONCOS - RUNNING BACK

OUT: Ron Dayne
IN: Tatum Bell, Cedric Cobbs, or Mike Bell
The Skinny: Early on in training camp, head coach (and master motivator) Mike Shanahan suggested Dayne might be the No. 1 guy in Denver's backfield this year. A nagging toe injury and inconsistency have seemed to conspire against Dayne claiming that role. So who steps through that door? The logical choice is Tatum Bell, who has the most pure talent of the other options. Yet Shanahan doesn't seem sold on him, and later in camp he named Mike Bell (an undrafted rookie) the starter. Inconsistent play during the preseason seems to have him on the bubble now to start, while Cobbs has surged late in the month and may be a sleeper. Whoever emerges will put up big numbers behind the powerful Denver O-line.
Pier2.0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:10 AM   #23
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I'm sure the Steelers FO will make the right decision when dealing with the running game. I don't see the FO going after any of the backs mentioned in this thread. I think they are going to take the wait and see approach. I believe they want to see what this runnnig game looks like when game plannng takes effect and the games actually mean something.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-30-2006 at 09:28 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #24
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Yeah I don't think going after Davis is a good idea. That guy has some chronic problems with his knees. Our style of football commands you to be physical and I'm not sure he is cut out or can phyically handle that anymore.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysta View Post
I find this whole Davis thing quite hard to believe. Charlie Casserly didn't pass on Reggie if the team didn't have confidence in Davis to get the job done. Give the guy a decent offensive line and he's dynamite. Sounds like the "rumor mill" to me.
Yes but remember, Charlie Casserly retired a few days after the draft. Maybe he did it on purpose because he knew he was leaving.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #26
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: DOMINICK DAVIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Yes but remember, Charlie Casserly retired a few days after the draft. Maybe he did it on purpose because he knew he was leaving.
Actually he resigned to pursue Art Shell's old job as VP of Operations in the NFL's front office. He didn't land the job so now he's working for CBS as an insider for their NFL pregame show and reportedly talking with Joe Gibbs to get back in with the Redskins (where he spent 12 years as GM). I got to know him pretty well during that time and he seemed like a pretty intelligent guy. Anyhow, I'm sure Bob McNair, the owner of the Texans, would have had some input into their first draft pick. Quite honestly, I don't see passing on Reggie unless they thought he would cost them too much and they truly believed that Davis could get it done. So that's a long way around as to why I personally don't think that they'd dump Davis now. But then again, stranger things have happened.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:40 PM   #27
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Why would we trade Staley and a #4 pick for a player who you reported as having the same problems as Staley? We would basically be giving a 4th round pick away.
when i said having the same problems i ment injury wise. he is slightly injured and they want to cut him since he missed practice. i see where u were coming from but u jumped the gun on that one.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:43 PM   #28
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19ward86 View Post
when i said having the same problems i ment injury wise. he is slightly injured and they want to cut him since he missed practice. i see where u were coming from but u jumped the gun on that one.

"it has been reported that davis has been going through the same problems as staley. he missed practice twice"

I wouldn't say it was "jumping the gun", it was a response to the way you worded your first post on this thread. If you worded it better (like you did in the thread above) maybe my response may have been different. Eitherway I don't see us going after him and frankly it still doesn't make very much sense to me. My preference, go with what we got this season and draft a back next season.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 08-31-2006 at 05:53 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote