Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: ‘Dissension’ done, Polamalu, Clark say

What can you expect from loose meat

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #23
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Some situations Coaches are the only thing that keep a team together, sometimes it's the coach that is the situation. Talented players the likes of Moss, Ocho, or T Owens are headaches and a cancer to most of the teams they played for. Yea they were talented and had some great seasons that were mostly trouble free but malcontents like these can break the moral of a team. When a HOF like Purcells was on record of not wanting T Owens and had to put up with an owner like Jones then you know its more than a coach can handle. Players that are problematic fall on the entire organization, Coaches (plural) Owner, GM, and all of the scouts and evaluators of talent. Players today have too much influence over the team as a whole and if a team has a couple of problems then they can either hope to have them "toe the line", find another team that is willing to take them off their hands (see S Holmes}, or cut them.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #24
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
like i have said numerous times, tomlin is barry switzer 2.0
I don't think so at all. Tomlin certainly wouldn't try to bring a loaded handgun on an airplane.

We assume Mike Wallace was a part of the locker room problems last season, but clearly Keenan Lewis was as well. The two of them are best friends:

Wasn't it Keenan Lewis that made that selfishly bold statement before last season about going to the Pro Bowl?

"Pro Bowl," Lewis predicted. "Watch out, this is going to be a big year right here."

"I'm trying to find things I need to work on from last year," said Lewis. "I have all the athletic ability and things like that, just knowing things better will make me a step faster."

Notice in those quotes and the interview that there is no mention of "we". He is all about himself. I would have been extremely surprised if The Steelers had offered a contract extension to him after all that.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #25
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

It's real easy to say " everything is rainbows and roses " during the preseason.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,402 Times in 4,444 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Steelers say 'fractured' locker room is fixed

AUG 12
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers certainly can't feel good about their mistake-filled performance in Saturday's 18-13 preseason loss to the New York Giants. The Steelers, however, feel much better about this year's team.

“I believe the strength of this organization is in its camaraderie and its family atmosphere. We didn't have those last year,” safety Troy Polamalu told The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “To me, that's kind of what separates us from most teams, that we've had that foundation here. When talent is pretty equal across the board -- and it is in the NFL -- you're looking in areas other than schematics to gain an edge. And that was an edge we didn't have.”

In case you need a refresher on what went down in the offseason, all of this disharmony on the Steelers began in February, when an anonymous player ripped LaMarr Woodley for being out of shape. Safety Ryan Clark compounded the problem publicly by saying this Woodley-bashing comment shows a "fracture" within in the Steelers locker room. Wide receiver Antonio Brown then said the locker room was divided last season, pointing out there were players who were more focused on individual goals than the team's record, which ended up a mediocre 8-8.

You could sense by the unfocused performances last season that the Steelers were "off" by those head-scratching losses to Oakland, Tennessee and Cleveland. But I didn't know the locker room was like a bad season of "Big Brother." The encouraging sign for the Steelers is the players aren't ignoring the problem. They're not saying everything is resolved now that wide receiver Mike Wallace and running back Rashard Mendenhall are in different zip codes. They're not blaming the media for blowing this out of proportion.

Solving this situation falls on the Steelers' leaders: Polamalu, Clark, linebacker Larry Foote, defensive end Brett Keisel and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The Steelers players have to police themselves, and that obviously didn't happen last season. That's the Steelers Way, from Jerome Bettis and Alan Faneca to James Farrior and Aaron Smith.

“This camp has been leaps and bounds better than last year as far as the chemistry," Clark told The Tribune-Review. "Guys aren't necessarily working harder. They're just working better together. There hasn't been that dissension ... even through the media, about this guy not getting along with that guy, different fights happening, you haven't seen that. I think that bodes well for us. That's the Steelers you're used to seeing. And I think it showed in our play and our execution.”

Of course, the Steelers' actions in the regular season will speak louder than words in training camp.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-room-is-fixed
Old 08-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,337 Times in 2,902 Posts

Trib-Review seems to me to now provide better Steelers coverage than the Post-Gazette, through both stories like this and twitter updates through reporters such as Mark Kaboly

What amuses me is that Ed Bouchette refuses to acknowledge anything written in the Tribune-Review - this was Ed's response this morning when someone asked him to discuss Troy's comments

With all the talk from Troy, Clark, etc. it seems there was definitely a cancer in the locker room last year. Was in only Wallace?

ME: I haven’t heard Troy Polamalu say anything.

https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/...ports/steelers