Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Hereís Why Federal Workers Donít Want Obamacare

Most people do not work at google or goldman sachs.

If a person can't afford something they have to cut back.

If a business is in the red they cut costs or go out of business.

When the the government is 20 trillion in debt and someone suggests they cut back and live within their means it SEEMS like 95% of the people who work in the public sector don't think that it is fair?

Do you feel everyone in the government should have Obamacare or something better?

If we don't cut back how do we solve this 20 trillion debt that costs every man woman and child in this country $30,000?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,486 Times in 3,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Most people do not work at google or goldman sachs.

If a person can't afford something they have to cut back.

If a business is in the red they cut costs or go out of business.

When the the government is 20 trillion in debt and someone suggests they cut back and live within their means it SEEMS like 95% of the people who work in the public sector don't think that it is fair?

Do you feel everyone in the government should have Obamacare or something better?

If we don't cut back how do we solve this 20 trillion debt that costs every man woman and child in this country $30,000?
You said govt employees have better insurance than "everyone" not me - Last time I checked Apple, Goldman Sachs, and Google have "someone" as employees

As far as "cutting back" does that include your taxes going up or just fucking with other people's benefits? As a Louisiana Senator once said, "tax reform" is another way of saying "Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!" - what are you willing to sacrifice for the greater good of a balanced budget?

Where are you getting your 95% of federal employees do not think "living within their means" is "fair."

With regard to health insurance, I think single payer (aka socialized medicine) is the way to go, as is the case in most of the developed world

Have a good night - give Rush and Hannity my best
Confounding Factor (08-19-2013), tony hipchest (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #13
SteelerEmpire
Living Legend

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,080 Posts

Wow. Most people cant' tell you 10 details about ObamaCare without lying about at least one of them.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You said govt employees have better insurance than "everyone" not me - Last time I checked Apple, Goldman Sachs, and Google have "someone" as employees

As far as "cutting back" does that include your taxes going up or just fucking with other people's benefits? As a Louisiana Senator once said, "tax reform" is another way of saying "Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree!" - what are you willing to sacrifice for the greater good of a balanced budget?

Where are you getting your 95% of federal employees do not think "living within their means" is "fair."

With regard to health insurance, I think single payer (aka socialized medicine) is the way to go, as is the case in most of the developed world

Have a good night - give Rush and Hannity my best
I am not trying to pick a fight but what makes you think socialized medicine is the way to go. When many people from Canada come to the USA for treatment and pay out of pocket as opposed to waiting and getting it "for free" in Canada. USA healthcare is second to none. True its very expensive and there are huge problems, but letting the government run the program hardly seems to be the answer. Too me it just perpetuates the take care of me mentality of a lot of people in this country. Health insurance is a necessity. Ipads, Iphones and 100 dollar nikes are a luxury. IMO the first step is to hold people accountable instead of taking care of them.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #15
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099

What should happen is that, all income should be taxed, health benefits, everything. Close the loopholes. Raise the Social Security retirement age to above the average life expectancy (it is NOT a fucking retirement account privatizer). Remove the income gap on paying into SS. And limited the dispersion of benefits of those who are "retired" and living on their pensions. Instand healthcare for everyone and a real social security safety which would make anything in Europe look ridiculous.

My employer claims they "spend" ~$900 / month per employee for health insurance. They manage their own health care plan so, they can say it costs whatever. So when you leave, if you decide, Cobra is $900. Make that is taxable income tomorrow. People working here would see their taxable income jump ~$10k / year. Let's see what the real cost of health care is then. Not only that, but we would get a much better idea of what income gaps are in this country. Person making $8 / hour without benefits vs. someone making $15 / hour with benefits probably works out to a ~$30k-40k / year difference in income.

It is a mess. Health insurance for the most part should be taken completely out of the private sector and made public. Look at all the countries with the best health care outcomes with the lowest per capita spent. We spend the most and get the least. Public health insurance is the way to go. Funding it is easy, you just have to change the notion of how people understand taxes in this country. Simply the tax code. Flat graduated taxes. No deductions for anything. Nothing. If people think something should be subsidized, then call it what it and have all the tax payers cut them a check. Mit Romney would get taxes around 60% I would imagine given his estimated income, rather than the little amount of his income which does get taxed at around 15%. If people think that Mitt Romney should get a few million dollars in a check from the government cause his money was made via speculation, so be it. At least we would be at the level of some degree of honesty.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,239 Times in 1,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I am not trying to pick a fight but what makes you think socialized medicine is the way to go. When many people from Canada come to the USA for treatment and pay out of pocket as opposed to waiting and getting it "for free" in Canada. USA healthcare is second to none. True its very expensive and there are huge problems, but letting the government run the program hardly seems to be the answer. Too me it just perpetuates the take care of me mentality of a lot of people in this country. Health insurance is a necessity. Ipads, Iphones and 100 dollar nikes are a luxury. IMO the first step is to hold people accountable instead of taking care of them.
this thread and article isn't about if its a good or bad thing , the scumbags in DC already sold us out again so that ship has sailed. it's about federal employee's keeping their sweet insurance deals while the rest of us are force fed obama's crap ?

ďIf the ObamaCare exchanges are good enough for the hardworking Americans and small businesses the law claims to help, then they should be good enough for the president, vice president, Congress, and federal employees,Ē said Campís spokeswoman

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I am not trying to pick a fight but what makes you think socialized medicine is the way to go. When many people from Canada come to the USA for treatment and pay out of pocket as opposed to waiting and getting it "for free" in Canada.
Who are these Canadians trekking across our border for the joys of American healthcare?

Quote:
USA healthcare is second to none. True its very expensive and there are huge problems, but letting the government run the program hardly seems to be the answer.
I guess that is why this guy went to Belgium to get his hip replaced?

In Need of a New Hip, but Priced Out of the U.S.

While most Belgian physicians and hospitals are in business for themselves, the government sets pricing and limits profits. Hospitals get a fixed daily rate and surgeons receive a fee for each surgery, which are negotiated each year between national medical groups and the state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/04/he...pagewanted=all
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,239 Times in 1,802 Posts

Quote:
Who are these Canadians trekking across our border for the joys of American healthcare?

While most Belgian physicians and hospitals are in business for themselves, the government sets pricing and limits profits. Hospitals get a fixed daily rate and surgeons receive a fee for each surgery, which are negotiated each year between national medical groups and the state.

you mean they can't charge you $10 for an asprin ???

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:

like I said its expensive but still second to none. The problem is the people without insurance or on medical or whatever your state calls it go to the emergency room and call 911 for the flu. They don't pay squat and medical pays 10 percent so everyone else subsidizes there care. An ambulance ride is 1000.00 bucks and medical pays 90.00. When someone actually having a heart attack with insurance goes in via ambulance the ride is 2000.00 and their insurance pays. If the system abusers would be denied these health care premiums wouldn't be so high.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #20
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
this thread and article isn't about if its a good or bad thing , the scumbags in DC already sold us out again so that ship has sailed. it's about federal employee's keeping their sweet insurance deals while the rest of us are force fed obama's crap ?

“If the ObamaCare exchanges are good enough for the hardworking Americans and small businesses the law claims to help, then they should be good enough for the president, vice president, Congress, and federal employees,” said Camp’s spokeswoman
If an employer has an insurance package nobody is forcing the employer to dump the coverage and have everyone get coverage through the exchanges- why should federal employees have to dump their coverage - if your employer does not provide an insurance plan consider who is feeding you crap

But everyone knows nobody has it better than federal employees

When it comes to our benefits and perks, we have everything you’d expect from a large company, like health insurance, retirement benefits and so on. But we also offer way more than the basics...

On-site physicians and nurses, convenient medical services, and comprehensive health care coverage help keep you healthy and happy..

http://www.google.com/about/jobs/lifeatgoogle/benefits/

If only Google was a generous as the Gummint

Still waiting to hear when Representative Camp is dumping his FEHB coverage as a show of solidarity to bond with his constituents