Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 08-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Member Number: 24990
Default Just saw the Dustin Keller injury

They should make shot to the knees illegal. Seriously. Nothing worse than losing a player for the season from a preseason shot to the knees. He tore all 3 ligaments. It's just wrong. Do you really need to blast away at knees to play this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0emf6GH4Mw
Da Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,104 Times in 600 Posts
Default Re: Just saw the Dustin Keller injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Pimp View Post
They should make shot to the knees illegal. Seriously. Nothing worse than losing a player for the season from a preseason shot to the knees. He tore all 3 ligaments. It's just wrong. Do you really need to blast away at knees to play this game?

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0emf6GH4Mw
Keller, wait a minute, searching, searching, not on the Steelers roster. Quite frankly though, I don't give a shit, here's to hoping he has a speedy recovery, however I certainly know a TE that needs my focus of attention, that is Heath Miller. Sorry, Dustin Keller, but my interest meter has you no where on it. God Speed!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0emf6GH4Mw
You can thank Roger Goodell and his rules limiting the areas of the body defensive players can hit and how. This was an obvious outcome to the new rules he's been instituting for the past few years. The lower legs and midsection are the only areas defensive players feel like they can target anymore. Serious knee injuries are a direct result of the new rules, sad to say.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (08-18-2013), harrison'samonster (08-18-2013), IowaSteeler927 (08-21-2013), JonM229 (08-19-2013), vasteeler (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
Keller, wait a minute, searching, searching, not on the Steelers roster. Quite frankly though, I don't give a shit, here's to hoping he has a speedy recovery, however I certainly know a TE that needs my focus of attention, that is Heath Miller. Sorry, Dustin Keller, but my interest meter has you no where on it. God Speed!!!!
That's all well and good, until this style of play takes out a Steeler for the season. With the new rules made to skirt upcoming law suits, players now target the knees since they are afraid to hit anywhere near the head. Chances are, the Steelers will lose a starter for the season from a hit just like this one. And when that happens, it's going to suck, big time. How can Heath Miller even want to take the field with this going on?
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
You can thank Roger Goodell and his rules limiting the areas of the body defensive players can hit and how. This was an obvious outcome to the new rules he's been instituting for the past few years. The lower legs and midsection are the only areas defensive players feel like they can target anymore. Serious knee injuries are a direct result of the new rules, sad to say.
Actually, Roger is just listening to his bosses and doing what they tell him to do. With the upcoming law suits, the owners are trying to hedge their bet by over-legislating hits to the head. It's not as if they actually care about the players health; they are doing all this to protect their wallets - nothing else. Greed driven actions at their best.
The Following User Says Thank You to Da Pimp For This Useful Post:
SteelReserve916 (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
That's all well and good, until this style of play takes out a Steeler for the season. With the new rules made to skirt upcoming law suits, players now target the knees since they are afraid to hit anywhere near the head. Chances are, the Steelers will lose a starter for the season from a hit just like this one. And when that happens, it's going to suck, big time. How can Heath Miller even want to take the field with this going on?
Ummm, I think you answered your own question, it did happen to Heath Miller. So, Dustin Keller gets no sympathy from me!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Actually, Roger is just listening to his bosses and doing what they tell him to do. With the upcoming law suits, the owners are trying to hedge their bet by over-legislating hits to the head. It's not as if they actually care about the players health; they are doing all this to protect their wallets - nothing else. Greed driven actions at their best.
Are you a bureaucrat?????
Old 08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,079 Times in 3,244 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

All the offenses have been trying to use TE to create mismatches on smaller guys. When smaller guys tackle bigger men, they hit them low. There's nothing sinister about it, it's the way defenders have been taught to take down bigger men since the game was invented. This stuff is going to happen.
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (08-18-2013), Buddha Bus (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #9
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
Ummm, I think you answered your own question, it did happen to Heath Miller. So, Dustin Keller gets no sympathy from me!!!!
Now try to follow along. I know Heath blew his knee out, but how confident can he be to take the field as players are now going for the knees more and more? It's not right. But the greedy, dick owners are just trying to save their ass from losing law suits over concussed players, and that is why this is happening.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
Are you a bureaucrat?????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZRGcYEcxhI