Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Default Re: Just saw the Dustin Keller injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Pimp View Post
Now try to follow along. I know Heath blew his knee out, but how confident can he be to take the field as players are now going for the knees more and more? It's not right. But the greedy, dick owners are just trying to save their ass from losing law suits over concussed players, and that is why this is happening.
Now Sir, I agree with you there!!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,807 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Now try to follow along. I know Heath blew his knee out, but how confident can he be to take the field as players are now going for the knees more and more? It's not right. But the greedy, dick owners are just trying to save their ass from losing law suits over concussed players, and that is why this is happening.
You mean the owners are most interested in protecting their own $$$$ and do not give a rat's a** about the health of the players except insofar as it impacts the team's financial bottom line?

"Every time I say it's a game, you say it's a business. Every time I say it's a business you say it's a game,"

Buddha Bus (08-18-2013), pczach (08-18-2013)
Old 08-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 7,345 Times in 3,004 Posts
My Mood: Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
You mean the owners are most interested in protecting their own $$$$ and do not give a rat's a** about the health of the players except insofar as it impacts the team's financial bottom line?

"Every time I say it's a game, you say it's a business. Every time I say it's a business you say it's a game,"

Dan, I think you forgot to include your .

You're welcome!
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

There have been a LOT of players getting injured with torn ACLs this year. So there is a lot of creedence to what the op says.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
SteelReserve916
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25093

Quote:
Actually, Roger is just listening to his bosses and doing what they tell him to do. With the upcoming law suits, the owners are trying to hedge their bet by over-legislating hits to the head. It's not as if they actually care about the players health; they are doing all this to protect their wallets - nothing else. Greed driven actions at their best.
QFT. However, I don't blame the NFL. If the NFLPA had demanded retirement benefits years ago, a lot of these lawsuits wouldn't even be in litigation.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #16
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

I think its a cop out. Keller had his back to the Defense, Swearinger could have easily taken a shot at the ribs of Keller and lit him up. DB's diving at guys knees always seemed like a cheap way out to me when guys are head up, but that hit could have been better by Swearinger.

I still agree that all the head shot hype has got guys aiming lower though, but more at the belt line, not the top of a guys socks.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,177 Times in 2,149 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

He should have aimed for where the ball was. Take him down and cause a fumble without the injury.

And wrong forum

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #18
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,515 Times in 1,583 Posts
My Mood: Stressed

Moved to appropriate forum.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,807 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
He should have aimed for where the ball was. Take him down and cause a fumble without the injury.
That would be the textbook move - high school player in Atlanta made it Friday night and was killed

De’Antre Turman, an 11th grader and cornerback for the Seminoles, died after being hurt on the Banneker High School field in College Park, the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s office confirmed on Saturday.

Turman, 16, died of a broken neck later Friday night at Grady Memorial Hospital. The Medical Examiner’s Office said Turman’s death resulted from his neck vertebrae being broken “due to blunt force trauma.”...

Turman was one of the state’s top prospects for the 2015 class. Many colleges had planned on evaluating him this season. He got his first major-college scholarship offer in June from Kentucky...

“Tre broke on it, dislodged the ball and his body just went limp. (He) immediately just went limp and he was on the ground,” Ford said

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/high-sc...g-injur/nZRR2/

It's a dangerous game
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,432 Times in 4,019 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Dustin Keller (knee) out for Miami Dolphins' season

By Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer
Aug. 19, 2013

The Miami Dolphins expected the worst after Dustin Keller suffered a grisly right knee injury in Saturday's preseason loss to the Houston Texans.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirmed the inevitable Sunday, reporting that Keller will be lost for the entire season, according to a source informed of the injury. Specifically, Rapoport reported Keller tore his ACL, PCL, MCL and also dislocated his kneecap. That's similar to the string of injuries suffered by current 49ers running back Marcus Lattimore last October.

In an email sent to Rapoport on Sunday, Keller expressed his gratitude for all the support he's received from family and fans.

"I just want everyone to know that as disappointing as this is I don't want anybody feeling sorry for me," Keller wrote. "It's going to be a hard road back, but I promise I'm going to come back stronger, faster and be a better player than before.

"I'm very confident that my team is going to have a great season and even though I won't be on the field this year I am behind my guys 100%! More than anything, I'd like to thank all my family, friends and teammates for their prayers and support. I'm glad to have the support system in my life that I do."

The injury leaves a gaping hole in Miami's roster. The team was busy calling around for tight end help Sunday morning, according to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero, but Keller's pass-catching ability won't be replaced.

He was brought in to give young quarterback Ryan Tannehill a sure-handed target underneath, one who would keep defenses honest and spring Mike Wallace free downfield. Now a combination of Charles Clay, Michael Egnew and rookie Dion Sims will attempt to fill Keller's shoes. Miami will be forced to realign its offensive approach through the air.

For Keller, it's a crushing blow after he signed a one-year contract this offseason, essentially betting on himself to produce a monster season in Miami. After witnessing his early chemistry with Tannehill, that seemed likely, but now the Dolphins are left to pick up the pieces.

With an injury of this magnitude, it's fair to wonder if and when Dustin Keller will play again.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...olphins-season