Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Ben on PTI today

The 5 minute interview with Ben on PTI was pretty good. And it covered everything from Palmer to the motorcycle.

He said he was impressed with Palmers recovery , and glad to see him back.
He commented on Cowhers retirement saying " that he thinks Cowher is energized again, and that he hopes Cowher plans on sticking around. He also added that " he wouldn`t tell even if he did know about Cowhers future.
He said he feels good, and that he never likes getting hit, with or without a motorcycle accident.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #2
noto45
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 984
Default Re: Ben on PTI today

ben rules!

"You play tough, you play smart, and above all ..... you play physical."
noto45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default Ben has class or is it something else...

From the Post Gazette"
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger watched some of Carson Palmer's preseason debut Monday night for the Cincinnati Bengals. In his first action since tearing up his knee eight months ago in a playoff loss to the Steelers, Palmer threw three touchdown passes against the Green Bay Packers.

"That's Carson Palmer, he's one of the best quarterbacks in the game right now," Roethlisberger said. "I know he doesn't like the Steelers, but I don't have a problem with him. I'm glad he's back, glad he's doing well. I hope he continues to do well all year, except when he's playing us."

So Is Ben showing a little class and going for the "kill 'em with kindness" method. or could he be using the "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer" theory. or is this a jedi mind trick our young Qb is using?

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~

Last edited by siss; 08-30-2006 at 12:15 AM.
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Ben has class or is it something else...

I think you'll find that Ben doesn't 'hate' the Bengals because the Steelers have put one over on them when it counted most - he can afford to be altruistic.

Personally, I loved what Palmer said originally, i'd still be in favor of it even if Dolphin QB said it about the Patriots - a little rivarly never hurt anyone.

We'd see a very different scenario if the Bengals had been victorious in that post-season game.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:10 AM   #5
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I feel that Ben is a QB, just like Palmer, so he can relate to the injuries and what Palmer was going through. They have probably been to camps, and combines, draft parties and everything together and now with a rivalry building larger and larger they are linked together for a long time!
Old 08-30-2006, 05:30 AM   #6
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

That's Ben being Ben...that's how Ben is.....he has consistently been that way since he came into the league...respectful and non confrontational...

No worries...Ben brings it when he steps on the field...he leads by action...not words....
Old 08-30-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Ben does have class, but if I recall, Carson Palmer made some really nice comments about Ben after the Super Bowl and also was very concerned about Ben when he had his accident, as was Tom Brady. I think there is a mutual respect between most players off the field, though they are at war on the field. It's been that way since I can remember.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:25 AM   #8
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Ben does have class, but if I recall, Carson Palmer made some really nice comments about Ben after the Super Bowl and also was very concerned about Ben when he had his accident, as was Tom Brady. I think there is a mutual respect between most players off the field, though they are at war on the field. It's been that way since I can remember.
I agree HTG. I think sometimes fans want to imagine some kind of bitter personal rivalry between players for whatever reason. While it might exist with a select few, I think the majority just do thier job on the field in a professional way. Personal feelings aren't involved.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:28 AM   #9
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

With QB's in particular, there is a definite "fraternity" of sorts....

This is the position with the biggest bullseye on their backs, not to mention the microsopes they are under...so yeah...they stick together....
Old 08-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

In fact, Palmer was the one who basically told the media to leave Ben alone after he left the hospital so that he could recuperate. So there definitely is mutual respect there, and I think the "I hate the Steelers" thing has been overblown. He just wants to win a championship like the Steelers did - nothing wrong with that.