Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Member Number: 24990
Default Don't climb on your roof or cops will kill you.

This is patently insane. The cops are getting totally out of control. What can be done to stop this trend of cop abuse? There is a story like this almost every day. Don't tell me it was always like this.

Da Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da Pimp For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 9,125 Times in 3,755 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Don't climb on your roof or cops will kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Pimp View Post
This is patently insane. The cops are getting totally out of control. What can be done to stop this trend of cop abuse? There is a story like this almost every day. Don't tell me it was always like this.

It has always been like this. Cops are people just like everybody else. Some are as good a person as you'd like to meet, while others aren't so great.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
It has always been like this. Cops are people just like everybody else. Some are as good a person as you'd like to meet, while others aren't so great.
No way. You think the % of dealing cops leading to death hasn't dramatically risen in recent years? How many innocents are shot? How many die from tazing?

http://www.innocentdown.org/

Cops no longer live by the motto: protect and serve. Their natural disposition is now one of thinking we are all dangerous assholes. I have seen it firsthand, in my own town.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

it's just better documented. It's always been this way.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harrison'samonster For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (08-21-2013), Bane (08-22-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
it's just better documented. It's always been this way.
I really don't think so. If a cop mowed down an innocent before, it would cause a big stink. Now, they just beat up innocent people daily. Almost every day I read another story about them nearly beating someone to death who did nothing wrong, or actually killing an innocent. Cops used to be friendly. If you said "hello" they would reply in kind. Now if you try to say something nice in passing by, they give you a really angry stare like you are trying to commit a crime or hurt them. No one can tell me this hasn't changed. I have witnessed it first hand. And then there is this disgusting video.

WARNING: not for the faint of heart. Watching this whole thing will tear your heart apart if you have a soul.

This poor guy did nothing wrong. And in the end, before he passes out (and eventually dies) he is begging for his father, because he knew his life was being beaten out of him.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Pimp View Post
I really don't think so. If a cop mowed down an innocent before, it would cause a big stink. Now, they just beat up innocent people daily. Almost every day I read another story about them nearly beating someone to death who did nothing wrong, or actually killing an innocent. Cops used to be friendly. If you said "hello" they would reply in kind. Now if you try to say something nice in passing by, they give you a really angry stare like you are trying to commit a crime or hurt them. No one can tell me this hasn't changed. I have witnessed it first hand. And then there is this disgusting video.

WARNING: not for the faint of heart. Watching this whole thing will tear your heart apart if you have a soul.

This poor guy did nothing wrong. And in the end, before he passes out (and eventually dies) he is begging for his father, because he knew his life was being beaten out of him.

everything's on video now. This goes back to beating strikers in the late 1800s, civil rights activists, and includes any institutional abuse of power including slavery. People have been getting beaten to death by people in authority for as long as there have been people in authority. Trust me, this goes back a long long time.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,538 Times in 3,348 Posts

It has always been this way - it may even have been worse in the days before police had as much oversight as they do now.

What has changed is people in general and jurors in particular now realize cops will act out and lie like anyone else.

IMO an inflection point for that was in early '90s Los Angeles, when the cops were caught on video beating the hell out of Rodney King and the OJ Simpson jurors were given a (bogus) excuse to acquit OJ of two murders he committed after detective Mark Fuhrman was taken apart in a nationally televised cross-examination.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Da Pimp

Don't tell me it was always like this.
Quote:
Harrisonsamonster

It has always been like this.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GBMelBlount For This Useful Post:
Bane (08-22-2013), Buddha Bus (08-21-2013), harrison'samonster (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Da Pimp
Team Captain

Quote:
everything's on video now. This goes back to beating strikers in the late 1800s, civil rights activists, and includes any institutional abuse of power including slavery. People have been getting beaten to death by people in authority for as long as there have been people in authority. Trust me, this goes back a long long time.
Police brutality goes all the way back to whenever cops came into existence. That is true. But "everything is on video" except in the instances where cops arrest you for taking video, and maybe beat you up for it. That is happening on increasingly common scale.

Here is a woman on HER OWN FRONT YARD being arrested for video taping cops. How is that constitutional?
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post

What has changed is people in general and jurors in particular now realize cops will act out and lie like anyone else.
QFT

Whether businessman, politicians, policeman, attorneys, judges, entrepreneurs, liberals, conservatives, churches, etc. you will find both good and bad everywhere.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GBMelBlount For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (08-21-2013), Buddha Bus (08-21-2013), harrison'samonster (08-21-2013)